Natural Products Expo West
Mar 6-9, 2014 Anaheim, CA
InnoBev Global Soft Drinks Congress
Apr 7-9, 2014 Lisbon
May 14-15, 2014 New York, NY
National Restaurant Association Show
May 17-20, 2014 Chicago, IL
World Tea Expo/Healthy Beverage Expo
May 29-31, 2014 Long Beach, CA
Jun 2-3, 2014 New York, NY
Beer Marketer's Insights Spring Conference
Jun 9-10, 2014 Chicago, IL
Jun 10-13, 2014 Chicago, IL
Fancy Food Show
Jun 29-Jul 1, 2014 New York, NY
Public Archives Search
Beverage Business Insights
- Parent Category: Newsletters
Entry of Versatile Bevyz System Revs Up Kitchen Counter Battle Burgeoning at-home bev system biz is about to add another competitor in US mkt now that Malta-based Bevyz Global Ltd (previewed in BBI last spring – May 23, 2013) will debut its multi-bev machine at Int’l Home & Housewares show in Chicago on Sat, reported Bernstein Research’s Ali Dibadj. Bevyz system is seen as challenger to both KO/GMCR’s K-Cups hot system and SodaStream cold system since it’s capable of making both hot and cold as well as carbonated and still bevs. Recall that Bevyz machine, made under Cuisinart name, was developed by SodaStream’s former int’l dir Edouard Sterngold. Ali was “interested to find that GMCR and PepsiCo are shareholders” in co as well (BBI had noted that PEP and Verlinvest were investors). Machines are “surprisingly small (11.5 x 12 x 14 inches), use a CO2 tank, could be set up for a water line or refillable water container, and had interchangeable colorful front panels,” said Ali after co demo. He tried broad range of drinks including a sparkling apple juice, dairy drinks, teas and hot chocolates. “All tasted good – to our amateur palate,” Ali noted. Last yr, Bevyz execs had told BBI they were close to being able to produce beer and other alc bevs with machine too. “The landscape is clearly still evolving and the winners and losers have not yet been fully selected,” said Ali. “We believe that KO, PEP and DPS all still likely have opportunity to partner with the right people,” he concluded.
Cutting Edge Info for the Savvy Beverage Executive
As an effective beverage executive, you need to explore all potential avenues for revenue growth and margin enhancement. Beverage Business Insights -BBI-gives you the info you need to keep up with the latest trends in the dynamic world of non-alcoholic beverages. It's produced by the same team that brings you Beer Marketer's Insights, and is written with the needs of beer wholesalers specifically in mind: straightforward, to the point, and with a street-savvy orientation. BBI helps you to separate the news from the noise.
BBI offers informed assessments of up-and-coming brands and categories. We were among the first to identify coconut water category as a winner, and we have carefully traced the rollout plans of brands like Activate, Body Armor, Neuro and Marley. We give you up-to-date info on the DSD plans of brands like these, and track developments at brands like Vita Coco and Muscle Milk as they prepare to transition out of the independent distribution system. We offer insights into how beer distributors around the country are developing sustainable non-alc beverage businesses, as well as the contract issues that have kept some brand owners outside the DSD system. BBI gives you frequent updates of scanner data in measured channels, so that you know where the growth is. BBI also has kept a close watch on intriguing moves by major beverage players & investors in this space, including Tata Global Beverages' investments in Vitaminwater and Activate as they seek 'experiential' brands with social & environmental goals. BBI goes behind the scenes at major launch platforms like Natural Products Expo West and the NACS convenience store expo, bringing you key emerging beverages. Your subscription cost is a fraction of what you'd pay to attend any of these meetings yourself, plus you get unique and valuable insights from BBI's editor and longtime beverage trendwatcher, Gerry Khermouch.
BBI focuses on what's innovative, what's new and what's moving off the shelves. You get valuable news and in-depth analysis. Since BBI is brought to you by Beer Marketer's INSIGHTS, the leading trade publisher for the beer business for over 40 years, you can count on our dedication to fairness, accuracy and timeliness.
See for yourself what people are talking about. Stay in the loop with one easy step. Subscribe to Beverage Business INSIGHTS. BBI comes out at least 90x per year and as soon as possible whenever big news breaks, available via e-mail. It costs just $390 per year. That's a small price to pay to stay on top of the trends. Don't miss a single lead on hot new non-alc brands. Order today!
P.S. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are ever dissatisfied, we will gladly refund the unused portion of your subscription.
|Who Should Read Beverage Business Insights?|
Beverage Business Insights tells you everything you need to know about emerging and established non-alc beverage brands.
Order your satisfaction-guaranteed subscription today!
Here is some of the info BBI readers had access to recently:
- Red Bull Sets Sales Meeting, Preps Total Zero as Part of Trifecta
- Ex-Fiji, Pabst Chief Cochran Back in NAs, at Helm of AquaHydrate; Rethinking Premise; Has Given Himself 8-10 Weeks to Take Hydration Brand 'from Good to Great'
- Monster Outerforms Rivals on Volume, Price in Dec
- Calypso Surpassed 2 Mil Cases in 2011; Boosts Chicago DSD Presence; Plans New Flavor
- FANCY FOOD: Back in Juice Biz at Califia Farms, Steltenpohl Reflects on Odwalla, Adina Lessons; Warns Against Institutional Funding; Sees Opportunities in Local/Simple Nexus
- Body Armor Investor Repole: 'Had to Be Something Special' to Re-Enter Bevs; Seeing Repeat Biz Already; Believes All-in-One Concept Makes It iPhone of Bevs
- Adina Lays Off Sales Force while Continuing Search for New Partners
- FANCY FOOD: Republic of Tea Changes Packs to Celebrate 20 Years; Enters Sweet Tea Realm; Plans Probiotic, Red-Wine-Extract Additions to Be Well Line for Expo West
- PEOPLE: Kurtz Hits Ground Running at Bai; Body Armor Confirms 'Significant' Repole Investment
- SPECIAL REPORT: Vita Coco May Approach $200M Sales in 2012; National Rollout Should Be Complete; Will Reassert Tropical Positioning, Dial Up Paid-Media Budget
- RESEARCH: Clues Revealed on Why Coffee Cuts Risk of Diabetes
- Anheuser-Busch Adds to Branch Network with Ore Deal; Keeps Monster, Outside Craft Brands
- And much, much more!
If you make, market, distribute or follow non-alcoholic beverages, give yourself the competitive edge enjoyed by Beverage Business Insights subscribers today.